13.6.11

taking the time to be together

So on Friday night, we had our engagement photoshoot here in Smithers with our awesome photographer Sasha Doodson of White Summit Photography. It was so much fun! We decided on an urban shoot because we want our wedding photos to be off in a field somewhere. We started at the train station and cantina (where we got engaged), and bounced around that area until we ended up on Main Street, just after the Canucks won. The whole town was honking up and down the street while we shot photos on the median - crazy!

But apart from being super fun, the photoshoot also brought us closer together in a cool way. We spent a lot of time smooching, cuddling, looking into each others eyes, and just generally being cheezy... and it was so nice! I think in the run of our every day lives, we forget to take the time to just be in the moment with one another, and the photoshoot really gave us that opportunity. I think it was the first time since we actually got engaged that I felt like we were really getting married! Anyway, if you feel like getting in touch with your inner cheese and reconnecting with your partner, I highly recommend a photography session. What a great way to spend a couple of hours!

Sasha took pictures of us taking selfies - here's one of mine:


And here's one of hers:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They're both lovely. I can tell you had a good time.

Fashion Addict said...

I absolutely love looking at engagement photos and I think you look glowing in these. I hope I'll be able to take engagement photos with my special someone one day like you!

http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

Jennoit said...

You're pretty in all of the shots, but drop dead gorgeous in the b&w one!

kirsten said...

Thanks so much! Like I said, we had such a fun time and I'm sooo happy with the results!